Sunday, March 29, 2009

MOMA gives us a heart attack!

That's me at my favorite place in the world! When can I move in? I'll
take the 5th floor thanks;)
Well, today was a great day! The museum was amazing! We got home
really late last night from the show, but we got ourselves up and out
so we could be in the city by noon for a full day at the museum since
it's a big deal for me. I knew it was supposed to be amazing and it
closed at 530 so I wanted to get there at a reasonable time for full
satisfaction! Anyway, when we arrived I needed coffee like it was my
job, but the line was long and Alyssa wanted to get started so we
split up for the day! First time we've ever done that! Usually we keep
an eye on each other and stay kinda close or talk and take pictures
sometimes...but not today! So after my solo coffee and biscotti in the
museum cafe (it was wonderful actually!) I emerged into the best
museum ever!!! The museum is just beautiful with room after room of
amazing art, arcitecture, sculpture, galore! And with beautiful views
of the city from secret little windows throughout the place. All the
big names were there: Warhol, Picasso, Klimt, Matisse, Monet, Van
Gogh, kadinsky, pollock, and more and more and more! And we arent
talking just a few pieces here and there, I mean rooms full of these
guys! I was tempted to buy a year pass just because I loved it so dang
much there! Annnnd they had a bunch of kids programs (don't worry I
took like 20 pamplets;) that I swooned over all day long too!
After the beautiful museum we decided to see if I could find some new
dresses for the shows and going out and life. So the 3 story H&M did
the trick and then we made the mistake of going to Bloomingdales with
less than an hour to closing. (things have weird hours in NYC on
sundays, very cute and old school but not at all convinient;) With
what little time we had we pet the Chanel, LV, Burberry, and Marc
Jacobs bags. And then tried on a bunch of MJ dresses! It was so fun!
But just as we were getting to Elizabeth & James (the Mary Kate and
Ashley line) the store announced it's closing so we had to leave. But
we loved it so much I think we shall return in the very near future!
We were exhausted by then so we just ate at the train station (it's
actually really good), had thr most amazong oinon rings of our lives,
and are on our way home now! Tonight were soaking our sore ans tired
feet and shaving our legs for another fabulous day tomorrow!
For the record, I LOVE it here and I plan to move here ASAP! Alyssa
wants to visit all the time too! Hehe
Miss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment