Monday, June 27, 2011

Bratislava is Better with Friends!

My lovely old friend Jen who I went to school with and loved to death back in San Diego, came for part of the week and weekend and we had such a lovely time! She is from Germany, but is getting her masters degree in London so she just swung down for a fun few days together. I had to work so she gallivanted around town on the week days without me, and then in the evenings we went to get drinks, dinners, and to a friends party. Here are her beautiful pictures from around my tiny city, fun to see things through her cameras tourist perspective since everything has just become "normal" to me now, thought you'd like to see too!

The first night I took her for a walk around the city and we ate a shwarma in the square that looks like a movie set. 



While at work she took herself for walks...this is just down my street...




That night she captured the "normal" part of my life, folding laundry...

Then we went out for a drink at a REALLY old church turned into a theatre, then turned into a pub...


 The presidential palace on the other side of my street...

Statues around the city...


Saturday before she went home we went to the mall/riverside to eat and shop a bit. It's probably my FAVORITE place in the summer, for obvious reasons!

Thanks for visiting Jen, had a great time with you! Until next time lady!

1 comment:

  1. awww... miss you! and see you for reunion part 2 in Berlin!! enjoy home and have a burrito for me!!

    ReplyDelete