Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 6 The day Esther's heart fell open and spilled all over the musée de orsay!!!

This is us outside of the musée de orsay. It was a lovely venue
because it use to be an old train station! We are really happy in this
picture because we didn't have to wear our coats today!!! Hooray it
was much wamet today! and when it did decide to rain, we were inside
of the museum looking at beautiful art. :)
I(Alyssa) don't know as much as Esther does about all of the artists
but I absolutly loved this museum!! It was much better than the louvre
because it wasn't so big and overwhelming. I loved the Picasso, Degas
ballerinas, Van Gogh, and this really amazing mini replica of the
opera house on display as well!
I (Esther) often had a hard time breathing today as I saw some of my
favorite pieces and painters work of all time! They had one of my
favorite painters of all time, Eduoard Manet, pieces slewn throughout
the rooms, and my absolute favorite of his on a special display with a
Picasso group of paintings based off of the piece as well! It was
overwhelming! (I definitly found a love for Picasso on this trip as
well!). The impressionist exhibit was also extremely overwhelming for
me, pierces i've read about, studied, have on my wall or as my desktop
background: are right in front of me! It was inspiring to study their
brush strokes and techniques, it was such a good day! The big names we
saw today: Monet, Picasso, Renoir, Manet, Degas, Van Gogh, Rodin,
Morisot, Pissaro, Sisley, and Cezanne...that's all I can remember off
the top of my head, but I know we saw even more!
Anyway, tomorow we are off to Versaille with 2 new Aussie friends we
made: should be so fun!
Not missing home at all, having the best time! Send lots of love
though!

1 comment:

  1. How FUN! I would LOVE to see all the art! Alyssa, you and Esther should come back to Chicago and go to the Art Institute and check out their collection - It's not Paris - but it IS a wonderful collection! Glad you are having fun - what a trip of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete