Saturday, December 18, 2010

Preparing for the COLD.

I am busily trying to get my wardrobe ready for the winter cold I am so NOT prepared for in Slovakia. The temperatures don't get as bad as say...Wisconsin or Minnesota area here in the states...but its still around the mid 20's throughout January and February. Luckily, its BEAUTIFUL. There is NOTHING like Europe covered in snow, I got to experience it in Paris and Spain and it was truly magical...but I couldn't feel my fingers or toes all day due to lack of proper preparation.

So I have dug up my cute winter down coat, cashmere scarf, and Russian hat from the back of the closet I have only used when traveling outside of San Diego...bought some warm winter water proof boots...stocked up on warm leggings I can layer and super warm tights...and even bought some sweaters and pants! Now just need some snazzy fingerless gloves and we're ready.

And by "ready" I obviously mean...not at all.



Here are some more of my friends pictures from pretty snowy Slovakia...

The first day of snow from a few weeks ago at my future school during recess. SO FUN! 



Pretty snow covered trees around the school.

Christmas tree in the middle of Bratislava. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment