Sunday, December 5, 2010

Slovakia: It's Happening!

Sooooo it appears that this old travel blog will now be put to good use as I am embarking on a GRAND adventure to Slovakia!

Slovakia?

Yes, Slovakia.

I have been offered a teaching job at a very prestigious school in the capital city there, Bratislava. A friend I was in the teaching program with is currently there teaching at the school her aunt helps to run. She has connected me and I will be teaching Kindergarten in English. The school looks amazing, and she is having a blast, so I feel very lucky to be able to just GO. No husband and kids to hold me back...even most of my friends have already moved away...It's just me.

And this girl is ready to get back out there.




I am trading this: 



For this?


This is bound to be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Esther, I am excited for you to be going to Europe. It brings back memories of my adventures there during my young years following graduation. I am curious to know if those are your legs attached to the feet in the beach photo? And another question: will you be teaching American, British, and other types of English-speaking kids from families who are working abroad in Bratislava? Love your Aunt Laurine

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES those are my feet:) And YES I am teaching Slovak and German children, BUT we have a handful of American and Slovak children in the school too. We have a bilingual teacher as well since my kids are so young, but after kinder they are fully immersed in English. Its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete