Friday, April 29, 2011

Slovak Words

Not only is Slovak is REALLY tough, but often when you are trying to get things done around the city they don't speak English and say in Slovak to you "Your in Slovakia, learn Slovak". So thats fun.

Needless to say, my Slovak is terrible but here are the words I DO know and regularly use in fantastic phonetic spelling that always makes my Slovak friends laugh at me...

Cho? : What? (familiar)

Proseem: Please, your welcome, what? (formal)

Charo Beesh? : What are you doing?

Peckne Den: Have a good day

Dobre Den: Good Day

Ahoy: Hello and good bye

Dobre rano: good morning

Dobray: ok

Dakjuem: Thank you (dak-qwee-em)

Ano: yes

Nee EH: no

Deekey Chow!: Thanks bye!

Potch Kai: Wait

Eshtay: More (eshtay yeden: one more)

So there is my Slovak so far. I can sometimes figure out what people are saying but can't repeat the words, but this is literally all I've been able to speak since I've been here.

Notice how "ano" sounds like no- so thats fun.

Hearts from Slovakia!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. OMG the language is too difficult for me girlfriend. I was pronouncing those words and the tongue mouth feel is weird. Love the pics as usual. Keep up with the cool pics like all the new friends too.

    love you girl

    Titi Bambi

    ReplyDelete