Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another Week!


This is the old church down the street from school where we take the kids pony riding every month. There is a big field in the back with an old play ground, this family brings their ponies and the kids pay 2euro each to be taken around the field a few times. Yeah I know, cutest thing EVER.

The church looks really old, I haven't been inside yet. I know this area of the city is really old since we have those castle ruins too around the corner, but Ill try and find out more. Either way, not a bad place to take your class pony riding? Right?

This was a nice week with the kids and the weather was gorgeous and kind of warm too. I was just fighting a cold and was really tired, sniffly, and sore all week too- which wasn't much fun. I've been taking vitamin C 3x a day, going out for walks everyday, and trying to get more then enough sleep every night but am STILL feeling icky. Last night after work I came home and went straight to bed, I woke up here and there but was pretty much in bed until 11a today. Professional Sleeper, I know. Hopefully I can fully get rid of this thing over the weekend.

Tried to go to the foreign police TWICE again this week, both times they were already out of number tickets by the time we got there. Friday we got there at 830am!!! Ridiculous. So Monday we try again at the crack of dawn. Not my favorite thing to look forward too.

I think the school is trying to find me a place to live for March 1, at least thats what I asked for. But she said its tough to find leases for less then a year in the city- but she'll try. I don't know if I can handle living here for the next few months if she doesn't find me a place. All I do is go to work and then come home because the city is SO far away and such a hassle to get to from here. Its hard to not be homesick when this is your life. Our director knows this, and thats why he wants us to live in the city so we can just walk to the promenade where all the restaurants, shopping, theatres, music, and bars are. Weekends are nice, in a bit Ill take my sicky self back to the cafe overlooking the ice skating rink and after enjoying the sunshine a bit sit myself down to read blogs, catch up on news, people watch, and relax before we'll probably go out tonight.

Next weekend my Scandinavian adventure begins with my Cassie and Im SO excited! I cant wait to be on vacation for one, and two to be with her in a new place! Its going to be so lovely!

Enjoy your weekends too my friends,

Love from Slovakia.

1 comment:

  1. Esther I don't blame you for moving sounds like the right thing to do. More fun on your adventures! Make sure to send us your new address so we can send you things. Love you girl, Titi Bambi

    ReplyDelete