Monday, February 21, 2011

Sweden: Day 2

Today I just slept in and then Cassie met me for a DELICIOUS lunch of vegetarian soy meat hot dogs, mashed potatoes, a salad bar, and fresh bread. Swedish food is schooling Slovak food like whoa. Then she had to go back to work so I took myself for an adventure to exchange my money, shop till I drop, and then all the way back home. Its cold and after all that walking I am ready for a nap before we go to Malmo tonight for a vegetarian dinner. I am LOVING being around all these vegetarians with food options besides pasta with stupid cream sauce.

Lund is so precious. It kind of reminds me of Madison, Wisconsin in that all thats really here is the university, so its all college folk (My people!) in this old city where you can walk everywhere, cafes, pubs, and good shopping abound, and too many cool kids to count. Kind of loving it here in Sweden!

Some pretty images of the lovely old architecture from today, most of them are of her school...






And some awesome shopping here too. Swedes KNOW cool design that make my heart soar!










3 comments:

  1. Sweeden is beautiful and architecture amazing! That's great you got to spend some time there and see Cassie. You guys look so happy (in the Day 1 pictures). And glad to hear you are finding good food there. I promise i will never serve you pasta with stupid cream sauce ever again! :) i know it is a lame excuse for a veggie dish. love you and miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther love the new pics the buildings, the art work, love the coffee cups and especially the elephant pillow. You take such a nice spattering of pics from everywhere you've been. Like the houses too. Enjoy girl. Are you buying a few things for yourself and sending them home? I would love to have those tea cups/coffee cups from this adventure 20 years from now at my home to reach for in the mornings to remind me of a wonderful time in my life. Love you girl. Titi Bambi

    ReplyDelete