Saturday, February 12, 2011

Elementary Ball!

 Me and Christina, one of my room mates and the grade 4 teacher


Me and Emma, my assistant in Kinder. I LOVE her!!!


My other room mate Jackie, she teaches grade 1 (US kindergarten)

OH MAN! So the school every February has a ball for the high school AND elementary school. The high schoolers put it on, and OMG ITS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!! The kids buy tickets, wear their princess dresses and boys in bow ties, and sit down to eat dinner. Then they dance! I forgot how stinkin cute a bunch of kids dancing is, best night of my life!!!

My class is the smallest of course (and the CUTEST) so we had to do a lot more "babysitting", but really we just got to hold hands in a circle in the middle and all dance together. Sometimes they wanted us to hold them and dance. And we would do our own little Kindergarten snake because the big kids one was too crazy:) Their version of "dancing" is primarily just jumping up and down and shaking around...but two of my boys were trying to break dance...I saw some 70's moves in there...I mean, Im sorry...but my job is AMAZING!!!

The teachers did a little kooky dance for the kids, and then our kinder class did the hokey pokey for them, everyone did the limbo, and at the end there was a dance contest which they all took VERY seriously. I have a little video and crack up laughing EVERY time, haha.

So all of that to say, my job is better then yours!!!!

From Slovakia with Love

1 comment: