Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sweden: Day 5 & 6

Today I slept in real good, then took myself to the Sketch Museum here in Lund. I was just expecting a little museum of random sketches, but it was AMAZING! It was rather large and covered from floor all the way on the ceiling of beautiful modern art. I walked in and was in art lovers heaven! COVERED with art!!! So fun! I even got to see huge Matisse and Diego Rivera amongst other lovely modern art work which I totally fell in love with.

After the Sketch Museum (which I got into for free with Cassies student ID BTW), I was going to walk to the city center to try and find some food but walked right past the big Kulturan Museum which everyone had said I should go to. I wasn't planning on going because the website said it was all outside and my face was already frozen at this point, but I realized the likeliness of me coming back to Lund to see Cassie was pretty small, so why not pay the student price again (thanks Cassies ID) and check it out? OMG IT WAS AWESOME!!! It wasn't really outside, as much as the buildings were all separated so you had to go outside to get to each...but it was like a little Swedish village!! The main building had 3 floors of all these old artifacts found in Lund, Holocaust items, and an entire random exhibit on China which was filled with artifacts too. It all looked like a brand new museum and everything was SO COOL. The history nerd in me exploded. Then you go outside and follow your numbered map and I went to another old farm house that had ENTIRE Swedish farm houses from the 1800's in them. You just walked around in them like it was nbd. Basically they had taken a bunch of old Swedish homes, farms, and businesses and placed them in this little village. The interiors were all intact and pretty much everything had English subtitles. They had a wealthy professors house from back in the day, an Archbishops house, ruins of a church, a farm house, blacksmith, farmers house, and even old clothes the Swedish people would wear a la one of the American Girls from childhood Kirsten.

I was in nerd teacher HEAVEN.

Sad to be leaving so soon...

From Sweden with love<3

Images from the museum...

cute little painting from the temporary exhibit by Randi Fisher, LOVED her...

art from floor to ceiling!

Diego Rivera...

Pretty tile work...and my face!!

The GIANT Matisse...

Hej!

Stained glass sketch...

Another cool one I liked...

SEE floor to ceiling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment