Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pros and Cons: Euro Living

The first of a series of installments...

Public Transportation
Pro
Ok yes, public transportation is AMAZING! I pay 60euro for 3 months unlimited. No more insurance, gas, car payments, repairs, anything! I can go anywhere even if I am broke otherwise and it runs all night long home from the bars and "discotecas" LOVE IT!

Con
It takes FOREVER to get anywhere because of all the damn stopping, and if you dont get a seat on the long ass way home your stuck standing for 45min. Plus, HELLO its freezing outside and you have to just stand there and wait for however long...and if your like me and suck at planning/miss your buses, you wait more then normal and your fingers go numb from cold. Needless to say I am learning my bus planning lesson quickly. And putting cab numbers into my phone.

Laundry
Pro
NONE. Except apparently sending your laundry out to get done is rather cheap, which I need to look into after you read the con.

Con
The washer takes like 2 hours and they just dont have dryers here. Which you may think is so nice and eco friendly, but ITS NOT. Ever wonder how your clothes are soft when you wear them? Its the dryer my friends, the dryer. Otherwise, your towels are literally like these hard crunchy squares your forced to use that scratch your face off. Its AWFUL! However, if you put some things on the radiator to dry it kind of helps, so we are working on this now...

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what it's like to put those hard towels against your face. My water is hard and I have a softener. NOT Good. Sounds like a lot of getting used to details still, you'll be alright girl. You're already saying so because your figuring it out. Take care Estee. Love you, Titi Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  2. no subway system huh? i think that would make a difference.

    hydro cost so much in europa that's probably why they don't use energy guzzling dryers.

    ReplyDelete