Monday, January 24, 2011

Kindergarten Continues+My First Slovak Snow!

Things with Kinder are still going great, we've just been renamed the British way as "The Early Years" and the elementary is now called "Primary School". We are all in LOVE with the new management... they are finding ways to give us more money, reorganize things so they are more efficient, cut annoying things and paperwork that serve no purpose, and are just making our school awesome. I feel so proud to be a part of it, its going to be amazing. 

Here are some pictures from last Thursday and Friday when I accidentally left my camera at the school for the weekend. We are learning about hibernating animals so we made bears in caves and then bear prints like they are in snow...




And today we painted our bodies because we are also learning about the body parts. Tomorrow we will learn about the organs and color, cut, and glue them to the little people we made. I might have them add clothes out of cloth too. Oh...I came up with these lessons myself! Aren't you proud? I love what I do!



And then it SNOWED last night! I couldn't capture it snowing last night because it was too dark, but everything was even more beautiful this morning! 


 The kids made this and wanted to take it inside, hehe

Bird feeders we made last week! I had to clean the snow out of it so they could actually get to the seeds today! Oh and by the way, the seeds are stuck together with this stuff thats like actual PORK FAT that the teacher I work with said the locals will spread on crackers with salt and eat it in the winter because they think its like extra fat to keep you warm. Sometimes old ladies will put it on their skin?! Our entire class room STUNK the rest of the day. I clearly was not in charge of this project. 

I have a bunch of cute ones of the kids in the snow and climbing all over me when we were playing a game last week too, let me know if you want to see them and Ill send them privately.

No comments:

Post a Comment