Tuesday, January 25, 2011

**Snowy Days**

Oh friends, I got to walk to work in the snow early this morning and it was so magical! Then it just snowed and snowed all day! I loved being all warm and snuggly inside while watching the snow fall all day outside our big classroom windows. It is just BEAUTIFUL!

But the kids didn't want to go play outside because they were really busy building a lego house...plus we were thankful we didn't have to dress them for the outdoors for once...you should have seen then coming in this morning!!! If you thought they were puffy and waddling before, you have NOTHING on snow suits! OMG the cutest thing EVER. I remember I HATED wearing those things...so restricting and you couldn't strip down once you were somewhere warm so you were just perpetually hot. And then when you would play out in the snow and it would get in your pants or sleeves it was just cold and wet and stuck in there because your mittens or fingers couldn't properly get it out. It was awful. BUT SO CUTE!

Our theme this week is more of the Human Body, so I reviewed the body parts with them yesterday and had them paint a picture of themselves. Then today I taught them about 4 of our organs and had them color, cut, and glue them to their bodies from yesterday. I made this lesson and activity up myself! My old third grade class used to call me "Super Teacher!" and I suppose this could now be applied after you witness the following...

And oh man, so stinkin cute...


And this is me from just awhile ago waiting at the bus stop after work. If you look closely its STILL snowing!


We have been studying the letter N for the last 2 weeks, this is my new letter focus board. But I need to make a proper sign for the top and a border. I am thinking "Our Lovely Letter" or "Lovely Letters" or something. I just grab whatever we're done using from the lessons or what I can find around and stick it up there. Soon we will have a color printer which will make things even MORE awesome!


Why is Miss Esther an awesome teacher? Because today we learned that the letter N is also for NECKTIE and then we made these!!! I dont even have curriculum and my class is just so awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment