Saturday, January 29, 2011

Munich Day 1!

Arrived in Munich yesterday! And after hugging each other 50 times and squealing as loud as we could, I was straight away taken to meet Rachels boyfriend, Niki, and their other friends at a traditional Bavarian restaurant in Munich. OH MAN they really do wear lederhosen here and its so cute! Had a lovely time with everyone, and must say being already adjusted to the time change, being able to just walk off the flight and go out with your luggage in tow, and everything of that sort was SO lovely. Its just like I live here and its not a big deal, so nice! And seeing Rachel was so refreshing to my heart that misses "real" friends who truly KNOW you and its just effortless to spend time with them. Its been just lovely.

Then today Rachel took me around the city on a walking/shopping/eating tour of sorts. Of course we chose the literal coldest day of the year to do so, but hey, more excuses to stop in places and shop or buy food and snuggle. I would love to write more, but its 3am and I am already SO tired! But here are some pictures that can do the talking for me!

Love from MUNICH!

The Bavarian restaurant we went to right from the airport. Goldie, our professional hockey player friend, insisted on including the nice picture in the background. Look how happy we are to be together! I love this one!


Then today began looking like this out my window, ie its COLD...


In the main plaza which is just GORGEOUS...

(I just thought she was so cute!)






Then it was time to eat some stuffed olives and browse the outdoor market...




We walked and talked...


Until we got cold and stopped for some treats...



Stopped by a beautiful church just randomly in the middle of the street...


Then Rachel took me to the COOLEST store with all these colorful kitschy things organized by color. 
I was in heaven...
















 Finally it was time for dinner, more beer, and lovely times...
Ok, I know its blurry, but I still liked it. 


 



Two more wonderful days with my Rachel! Enjoying and treasuring EVERY moment.

Love from Munich!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you have a close friend to love on you & give you hugs. The pics say so much about how happy you both are but it looks freaking cold!
    What? No fur hat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying your adventures this morning, thanks for all the updates and pics Esther. Are you going to get a fur like your friend Rachels? I can see you in a cool fur hat to match. I liked the one I saw you in at the beginning of your blog. Love to you Esther. Titi Bambi

    ReplyDelete