Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekend is Finally HERE!

Oh thank God its the weekend again.

This week was tough trying to adjust to the new job, people, place, and TIME CHANGE. It just dragged on and on...so happy to finally have some time off to rejuvenate and get things done around the apartment I have been too tired all week to do. Last night we went to dinner down the street at this really nice (and SO cheap) restaurant. They don't really serve vegetables at school...so I ordered a lovely big salad and 1euro beer and was so happy!!!

Today we ventured back to Tesco, we needed things for the house, especially me who still had clothes pile 2011 because I had no hangers. Tesco is kind of an EVENT around these parts. It's a good 30minute bus ride with tons of people all venturing to the same place, and its really the only place to get household items and "obscure" groceries...such as pink beans...and soy milk. So after the long trek to get there, the long time getting all the crap you need weaving in and out of the rest of Bratislava that is there, and then hauling whatever you can carry back onto the bus and into your apartment, and then unloading it all. Its 4pm, the suns down, and your pooped.

So after we kind of rested awhile, Christina and I went into the old city center to get coffee with some other teachers for someones birthday. I finally got to see what I've heard so much about here! I tried to snap some shots, but it was dark and we were moving so they pretty much suck. But it will at least serve as a sneak peek until I am able to get there during the day time...or better yet, when its spring time and the fountains are on too!

 My 1 euro delicious beer!!! I love cheap Europe!


The hot chocolate here is like pudding!!! Its SO amazing and creamy and delicious. They have a sweet cafe at Tesco where we chatted before exhausting ourselves shopping. 

Walking...



Just snapped this really quick while waiting for our bus...someday I will see you up close and in the day light, I promise.

Fatty walking across the beautiful bridge from Au Park (awesome mall) to the old city center. 
Thats the Danube river. 

Beautiful statue welcoming you into the promenade...

Opera House we all want to go see something at before we go home, probably my favorite thing Ive seen so far. Besides all the castle ruins of course. 



The vegetarian got herself a much loved and missed chicken shwarma. 
BEST ONE IVE HAD YET! And a whopping 2.70euro. 
Behind me is a pretty fountain and to the left they were ice skating in front of 
this big pretty building I couldn't quite capture- but I love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment