Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Kindergarten Days...

Today was another great day:) I was in class the full day and taught the two lessons to my older group...didn't quite lead everything because my assistant is a gem, but slowly kids are coming back from holiday and slowly the duties are being given over to me...which is more than ok with me as I am starting to be exhausted between the lack of sleep and long days. Tonight I am going to bed at 10p and taking tylenol PM- no excuses. 

Everyday the children have time to play outside, but when it is too muddy apparently we take them for a walk along the Danube river on a bike/walking paved path there...it goes past all of these cute little houses, the castle ruins, and boats when it gets warmer. Please imagine walking along a beautiful river surrounded by a castle with puffy little children with rosy cheeks singing songs and laughing and playing with you the entire time...seriously, a dream. After work we ventured to the train station to get ourselves 3 month bus passes. They are very fancy! It was a bit of a struggle getting the slovak form completed and we had to do the ol "uhhhh does anyone here in line happen to speak English?" and they are always so happy to help and it makes my life! Everyone is so nice here!

If everything continues to be just lovely...
Today we made gingerbread man after we read the story. This month one of our learning goals is the parts of the body:)
OMG these kids are wearing like 5 layers each and WE are in charge of putting it all on. They all wear stockings (even the boys) then pants, then snow pants. Plus a normal shirt and 1-2 sweaters on top of that. THEN the coat, mittens, gloves, scarves, and boots. Its hilarious watching them get ready and it takes them SOOOOO long...we burn a good 30min in and out everyday just doing this! My little puffs!



Part of the castle ruins- Devin Castle.

Cool sculpture on the walking and bike path.

Ok, I have loads more of the kids but I am not sure if they allow me to post proper photos of their children or not. Otherwise, message me if you'd like to see more of my precious class! Oh I love them so!

Ok, off to bed for another fun day tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. i remember getting u and andrew redi in the a.m. during the winter. what a project! hardest part: keeping track of all the items u guys had to wear to keep warm. finally got the glove drawer filled with all black gloves which could fit either hand.

    ReplyDelete